Currie Cup Case Study
- Profile the “unknown” Currie Cup players in a creative way
- Build renewed interest in Currie Cup
- Increase stadium attendance
The Big Idea
We brokered a deal between Currie Cup sponsors Nashua, Direct Axis and SA Rugby to create exciting Currie Cup rugby content that would actually appeal to fans and renew a lost interest in the competition. With access to Currie Cup players we developed a series of light and entertaining Currie Cup Clips ideally suited for social media. Fans were able to see some of their favourite players in a fun and playful way. A deliberate departure from the serious rugby tone fans had come to expect, while profiling the young and up and coming “guns” in SA Rugby.
- Springboks FB & Twitter
- Nashua FB & Twitter
- Direct Axis FB & Twitter
- 35 Unique pieces of content produced across the Lions, Bulls, Cheetahs, Pumas and Western Province rugby unions.
- The Sharks produced their own Sharky trick shot video so as not to be left out.
- 1 071 651 views of the videos across Facebook and Twitter
- Overall social media value achieved for the Currie Cup Campaign was R3 311 638
- The overall integrated Currie Cup media coverage was a staggering R981 320 774
- Stadium attendances increased by 12,5%
- But more importantly than stadium attendance, we learnt that there are rugby fans that love Currie Cup and although they may not watch it in stadium, they will engage with Currie Cup content on multiple channels.